There are some tell-tale signs to let you know that your child needs help. Some of the signs may tell of possible drug abuse and the others may tell of psychological problem. Note that extended drug abuse can cause some psychological problems. Drug abuse can heighten some psychological problems. Also some people suffering from some psychological disorders are mistaken for somebody who is intoxicated from alcohol or drugs. Whichever the reason for the help needed the signs are there and listed below are some common signs.
I. Physical Signs:
1. Glassy eyes which is characterized as a listlessness where the eyes seem unfocused.
2. Dialeted pupils are when the pupils of the eyes are larger than normal especially when the light seems adequate to everybody else.
3. Yellowish eyes is the eyes are yellowed. The causes of yellowish eyes are many, including drug and alcohol abuse, Whatever the cause the person needs help.
4. Unexplained weight loss or gain.
5. If a person is smoking, where the product is legal or not, there will be a discoloration of the fingertips. Generally the fingertips will starting browning.
6. If a person is snorting drugs, there will be a constant running nose and nose bleed will becaome frequent.
II. Psychological Signs:
1. A change in personality. This is common for those swho uffer from extended drug abuse as well as some psychological disorders such as bipolar (manic-depressive) disorder.
2. A withdrawal from activities normally enjoyed.
3. A withdrawal from people, friends, and family.
4. A sudden change in many friends or people with there have been a long friendship with.
5. Paranoia, which is the fear that some entity is out to get them or that something is bad is going to happen.
6. Depression which can be induced by alcohol and drug addiction or drugs and alcohol can make the effects of depression much worse.
7. Thoughts of death and suicide or attempts at the later.
These are but a few of the common signs that a person needs help from an addiction or a psychology problem exist. If you observed any of these signs in yourself or a loved one, do not hesitate to seek help for the person.