Both butterflies and flowers are beautiful living creatures. Wouldn’t it be nice to enjoy the beauty of your flower garden while having the perfect added touch of butterflies? This article will give you an idea on what flowers to plant to attract butterflies.
- The milkweed plant is a perennial and will grow up to thirty six inches tall. The milkweed plant will take full sun and sandy soil. This plant doesn’t need much water and can withstand drought conditions. This plant grows good in zones 3-9 and will attract Monarch butterflies.
- The Yarrow plant is a perennial and will grow 3 feet. This plant will take direct sun. This plant will be able to live in poor soil and excessive heat. Can be a container plant and grown in zones 3-10.
- The snapdragon plant has beautiful flowers. This plant is an annual and can grow up to four feet tall. The plant can be grown in a semi shaded area. Can be a container plant and grown in zones 5-8.
- The Mexican Sunflower plant has beautiful orange flowers. The Mexican Sunflower is an annual and can grow up to six feet tall. This plant does need to be watered regularly and will bring many butterflies to your garden. This plant can be grown in zones 5-10.
- The Butterfly weed plant is a perennial and will grow up to thirty six inches tall. This is another milkweed plant and will attract many beautiful butterflies. This plant will also offer its ability to survive drought conditions. This plant can be grown in zones 3-9.