One of many women’s worst fears is finding out that they have breast cancer. It’s hard to even imagine getting this devastating news, however; it happens to women everyday. This is why it’s so important to learn how to recognize the signs of breast cancer. Catching breast cancer during the early symptoms of breast cancer can be essential to saving your life. So, here are the following signs of breast cancer and how to check for any symptoms that may indicate cancer.
- Check for a lump or area of thickening inside the breast area. It’s best to lay down and raise your arms up high, while feeling each breast.
- Look around for a dimple in the breast.
- Enlarged lymph nodes are a common sign of cancer. Check for a lump inside the lymph node under the arm pit.
- Breast swelling and tenderness may be a sign of breast cancer. So, if you feel a sudden change along with other symptoms, this may be symptoms of breast cancer.
- Redness and changes to the color of the nipple should also be looked out for when checking for breast cancer.
Please keep in mind that even though these symptoms can be signs of breast cancer, having one or more of these symptoms does not means that you have cancer. There are other conditions that can cause these symptoms, as well. This is why if you feel you have some of these symptoms, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible for a proper diagnoses.