Everyone is constantly searching for ways to look younger. But what if you aren’t willing to go under the knife for that face lift? There are seven ways of subtle and not-so-subtle ways you can take years off your appearance without resorting to drastic measures.
1. Add Volume: If your hair is thinning or is just plain flat, it’s time to pump up the volume. Healthy, full hair can take years off your real age. Next time you visit your hairstylist, request a style that adds more volume, such as layers. Until then, try a volumizing shampoo to cleanse and mousse to style, working it into your roots before you blow dry. Using a round brush to style as you blow dry can also give your hair a youthful boost.
2. Reduce Skin Irritation: Red or irritated skin can make you look older. If you have sensitive, dry or irritated skin, take extra care with gentle cleansers, soaps and moisturizers.
3. Hydrate and Moisturize: If you want to feel and look younger, you need to keep every part of your body hydrated. Moisturize your face, hands, arms and legs for smoother, softer skin that’s less likely to develop and show wrinkles. Hydrate the inside of your body by drinking lots of fluids to keep it running efficiently and to flush out harmful toxins.
4. Plump Your Lips: Just like thin hair, thin lips can make you look older. If you’re not into injections, you can plump your lips naturally with a tiny touch of cinnamon leaf oil. This will increase blood flow to your lips, making them look fuller and younger. Be sure to moisturize beforehand with a soothing balm, to get rid of any dryness or cracks.
5. Respect Neglected Skin: Your neck, chest and hands are often neglected, even though they take nearly as much of an environmental beating as your face. Remember to cleanse, moisturize and add sunscreen to these parts to keep your skin looking younger all over!
6. Use Organic Products: Natural, organic products don’t contain chemicals that can potentially be harsh on your skin. Using organic products can especially reduce skin reactions in older, drier skin.
7. Whiten Your Teeth: A quick way to take years off of your age is to whiten your teeth. A brighter, more dazzling smile will make you look and feel great. But don’t forget to show it off— that beaming smile will also make you look younger and reduce the possibility of frown lines!