Image 1: Apple and Mint Iced Tea garnished with a Lemon Slice.
Apple and mint iced tea is a very easy to make and refreshing drink that is a long standing favorite at our place and I’m sure that were you to give it a try; you too, will be most pleasantly surprised. The other big plus is that even though the recipe is uncomplicated to make yet; it delivers a surprisingly, sophisticated refreshment; par excellence.
Image 2: Many Varieties of Apples
Apple and Mint Iced Tea Ingredients:
- 3 Rosehip Tea Bags
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Liter of Boiling Water
- 1 Liter of Chilled Apple Juice
- 1/3 Cup of Mint Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of Castor Sugar
- Heatproof Jug (for brewing the tea)
- Large Serving Jug (of at least 2¼ liter capacity)
Apple and Mint Iced Tea Method:
- We are going to use some of our mint leaves when brewing the tea. The remainder we will use as a garnishing when serving so set aside about ¼ of the mint leaves for this purpose.
- Place 3 rosehip tea bags into a large heatproof jug
- Add the castor sugar and ¼ cup of mint leaves (Note: The remaining mint leaves are to be used as garnishing when serving the apple mint tea)
- Now pour 1 liter of boiling water over those ingredients already in your large heatproof jug and let stand for 10 minutes
- Strain mixture and transfer to refrigerator to chill
- Once the mixture has chilled transfer it to a large serving jug with a holding capacity of no less than 2¼ liter) and then add the already chilled apple juice. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Cut lemon into slices
- Immediately prior to serving add the sliced lemon and remaining mint leaves to the serving jug.
Serving Apple and Mint Iced Tea:
- To Serve Chilled – Apple and mint iced tea is best served chilled as this will deliver the greatest refreshment value when the weather is hot (spring, summer and early autumn). However, apple and mint iced tea can be very invigorating during milder weather and even in cold weather (Winter).
- Garnishing – Add the garnishing (the lemon slices/wedges and mint leaves) to each individual serving as you pour rather than adding them to the serving jug itself.
- Yield – These portions will yield approximately 6 adult-sized servings
- Options – Consider adding ice cubes to serving jug prior to serving. This is most advisable if you intend to serve the apple and mint iced tea outdoors in warm weather (i.e. summer barbeques).