Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
According to Wikipedia Focaccia is: “Focaccia (Italian pronunciation: [foˈkaːtʃa]) is a flat oven-baked Italian bread which may be topped with herbs or other ingredients. Focaccia is related to pizza, but not considered to be the same. Focaccia is quite popular in Italy and is usually seasoned with Olive Oil and sometimes herbs. However, by far the most typical focaccia is simply baked dough topped with olive oil and a simple herb like rosemary or sage and salted.”
Things You’ll Need:
- 3/4 warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- Ground fennel seed
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by making your bread dough. Sprinkle yeast on 3/4 Cup warm water; stir to dissolve. In a bowl mix in salt, sugar, yeast, oil, a little ground fennel seed and flour. Mix well until it forms a ball. Put on floured board and knead well. Put in a oiled bowl and set aside to rise, punch down and knead again.
- Dust your pizza sheet with cornmeal. Place your dough in the center and make a circle 1/2 inch thick.
- Take your fingertips and dimple the focaccia dough.
- Brush the focaccia dough with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle the top of the focaccia Bread liberally with garlic. Add a little pepper and salt.
- Let your focaccia dough rise for 15-20 minutes and place in your preheated oven.
- Bake until golden brown approximately 15-20 minutes.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure your yeast is fresh so it rises.