Great for all occasions this baked buffalo chicken dip truly is a crowd-pleaser that can stand on its own as a dip or happily team with other dishes (soups, stews, casseroles, vegetables etc.) to the enhancement of all.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients:
- 8 Ounces of Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups of Shredded Rotisserie Roasted Chicken Meat
- ½ Cup of Buffalo Sauce
- ½ Cup of Crumbly Blue Cheese
- ¼ Cup of Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- ¼ Cup of Ranch Salad Dressing
Alternative Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients:
If you don’t have any buffalo sauce readily to hand you can always substitute it with a buffalo style barbeque sauce. Shredded mozzarella cheese can be substituted in place of the crumbled blue cheese. If you don’t have any blue cheese salad dressing and don’t know how to make your own, then check out this excellent Blue Cheese Dressing recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Method:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Select a deep baking dish and add in the softened cream cheese, the buffalo sauce, the blue cheese salad dressing, the ranch salad dressing and then crumble in the crumbly blue cheese.
- Stir ingredients until fully combined.
- Stir in the shredded roasted chicken meat
- Pop dish into oven uncovered and cook until dish is heated through (around 25 or so minutes)
Serving Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Serve as a dip with crackers, pita chips, nachos, corn chips, sliced bread, toast etc. The buffalo chicken dip also goes well served with vegetables or spooned on top of a bowl of soup, chili, casserole or hearty stew.
For additional variety of flavor or just for presentation points, consider serving the buffalo chicken dip garnished with diced spring onions or maybe even topped with a fine sprinkle of parsley.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Variations:
By way of variation you can modify the relative quantities of these ingredients to accommodate multiple purposes. For example:
- One very easy way to rapidly increase the amount of dip produced is to use ½ a cup each of blue cheese salad dressing and ranch salad dressing instead of the standard ¼ cup of each.
- Another variation worth trying is to use a mixture of crumbled blue cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese.