Things You’ll Need:
- A fine mesh strainer.
- Baking pan.
- Your favorite store brand brownie mix that uses oil (not butter).
- Measuring cup.
- Cooking oil.
- Whatever ingredients your brownie mix you chose calls for.
- 4-15 grams of crushed dried marijuana.
1. The first step to making your brownies is to make your cannabis oil. You will mix this oil into the brownie mix along with the other ingredients it calls for (eggs, oil and mix). If the mix calls for 1 1/4 cup of oil, then pour that amount (or whatever amount that is needed) into a pot over a stove and put the heat on low. You want the oil to heat up to a slow simmer (few bubbles coming up).
2. Once the oil is heated to a simmer, pour your dried crushed herb into the oil. Stir occasionally and let it cook for 30-45 minutes. If you simmer it longer, more THC will be extracted making your oil more potent.
3. The herb should look brown indicating that it’s been cooked and the essential ingredients have been extracted correctly. With your fine mesh strainer, put it over your measuring cup. Pour the pot of oil and herb over the strainer to filter the cooked plant matter and the actual oil.
4. After the oil has been thoroughly strained, mix it with the other ingredients that the brownie mix calls for and mix it well. Make sure the mix is thick and creamy, not runny.
5. Pour your mix into a baking pan and put it in the oven. Most brownie mixes call for the oven to be at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit and to let them bake for at least 15 minutes. Whatever you brownie mix dictates on the box, follow those directions.
6. After you followed your mix’s directions, pull the brownies out, let cool and enjoy.
- You can add nuts and other things to help mask the taste of the oil. Be creative and use your own ingredients.
- Don’t burn yourself and always use protection handling hot pans and pots.
- Don’t boil the oil because it will start flying all over and it will burn you.