Here are ten top tips to keep your diet on track and help you to stay healthy.
- Drink at least 3 litres of water everyday. It will stop hunger and keep you full for longer periods of time.
- Move about more or go walking often. Walking helps to burn calories. It doesn’t matter what pace of walk you do, it will motivate you and get your metabolism moving.
- If you have an exercise machine at home then take advantage of it. Use it everyday. Start with just five minutes or ten minutes per day to begin with. Any type of movement or exercise will help.
- Add fruit and vegetables to your food intake daily and without fail. Eating fruit is good for you and is low in calories.
- Lower your calorie intake to 1500 calories for men and 1000 calories for women.
- Eat chicken or fish for a main meal. It is high in protein and good for your diet.
- Cut down on carbohydrates, such as, bread, pasta and white rice.
- Do not eat sugary foods. Allow one treat only per week, but not anything more than that.
- Eat salads more often. Tomatoes and cumcumber are easiest to start with.
- Always eat breakfast every morning. Do not skip it. A healthy bran cereal is good or just eating plenty of fruit, such as, grape fruit or melon.
All of the above will start you off with a healthy regime if you want to lose weight. Carry on with this until you have lost your desired weight or include all of the above as part of your life long health regime.