If you’re searching for a cost effective way in transforming your home and give it a classy refresh opting for some creative concepts thru DIY windows projects could be a good choice for you. Though the windows of a home are quite a common feature, they can change and enhance the appearance of your whole residence by incorporating some creative changes which can be done without professional help.
So if you are thinking of some low budget ideas for improving your home, mentioned below are some cost-effective DIY windows projects that may give your house a rapid and stylish facelift expediently and economically :
1. Cornices – Adding cornices to your windows is one of the best and simplest paths to right away give your rooms a gorgeous facelift. As cornices are easy to install you can pick them up from the market and fit them by yourself. Selected colors that complement the style as well as the shades of your rooms.
2. Shades and blinds – Whether you have large glass windows or smaller ones, there are varied ways by which you can alter the passage of light flowing through your windows to form an especially calming and aesthetic effect. One of the best DIY windows project is to install blinds or shades. You can select natural wood shades as well as roman blinds or could alternatively add a fresh coat of paint to your old ones to give them a vibrant look.
3. Sheers – Another good way to add elegance to your house is by fitting privacy sheers to your windows and especially the ones that overlook your garden area. The sheers will make a relaxing effect in the room and give a home a classy look from the outside.
4. Complimentary frames – Switching your old window frames with new and modernistic designs is also a very effective DIY widows idea. If you would like a classic look there are a wide range of window frames available in Victorian and Edwardian designs which can enhance the look and feel of your interiors and well as exteriors beautifully.
5. Fresh sealing – Another task under DIY windows project is to check the sides of your windows to make sure that they’re well insulated. If you find gaps apply a fresh coat of sealant. This will take away the cracks give them a new look as well as keep your home insulated from the harsh weather conditions.
Easy as abc home makeover @ http://homes-makeover.com