Simple Tasty Stir Fried Rice
This recipe will make a delicious but healthy fried rice that tastes better than alot of chinese takeaways.
1 cup of rice
1 tsp of vegetable oil
1 tsp of Turmeric
Sweet soy sauce
Ham or Bacon (sliced)
Bok Choy or Cabbage
More Vegetables (optional)
This will make a cup of South East Asian Rice, which is yellow, and has a mild “earthy” flavour. Found in alot of different Asian dishes.
1. Preheat a hotplate until it is hot.
2. Add rice and oil to a saucepan and heat slowly.
3. Stir the rice until it is well coated in oil.
4. Add 2 cups of water for every cup of rice and bring to the boil.
5. Add Turmeric and turn the heat down to medium/ simmer.
6. Let simmer for approx. 10 – 25 minutes with a lid on (time will vary according to the amount of rice).
7. Check regularly to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
8. Rice will be ready once it has a sticky yet fluffy texture.
1. Stir Fry selected meat and vegetables in sweet soy sauce with your choice of spices (salt,garlic, etc).
2. When the meat and vegetables are soft enough, combine egg (if desired) and cooked rice.
3. Stir Fry quickly, adding more sweet soy sauce (according to taste).
Hints and Tips:
- The Egg can be cooked seperately and turned into omelette strips to be added with the rice
- Rice can be substituted for Rice noodles (Skip the rice method if using rice noodles)