Cabbage; extracts have been proven to kill certain viruses and bacteria in the laboratory setting.
Try to cook your cabbage lightly. Steaming and quick stir fry dishes are considered to be the best methods for preserving the power packed natural nutrition given so freely by Mother Nature. Cabbage soup anyone? With added chicken or shrimp tastes delicious, below are the following nutrition’s. A Roman medicinal preparation blended lard with the ashes of burnt cabbage to make an ointment for disinfecting wounds external body use too.
Vitamin A: responsible for the protection of your skin and eyes.
Vitamin C: an all important anti-oxidant and helps the mitochondria to burn fat.
Vitamin E: a fat soluble anti-oxidant which plays a role in skin integrity.
Vitamin B: helps maintain integrity of nerve endings and boosts energy metabolism.
The Sautéed Cabbage Dish
- ½ Cut half Cabbage and Slice ¼ inch Slices
- (Or any frozen vegetables from the freezer isle will do)
- 1 Tomato cut into thin slices
- ½ Red bell pepper cut into thin slices
- ½ Cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 Cube Tofu Cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ Onion sliced
- ½ Teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ Teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ Teaspoon “Knorr” Any flavor All Purpose Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 cups tender grilled chicken strips
(buy precooked chicken — you can find it in the freezer aisle)
Place nonstick pan over medium heat, add ¼ teaspoon cooking oil. In the hot oil add garlic, ginger, and onions sauté till light brown; add tomato, bell pepper sauté for a minute or two. Add tofu, cabbage and grilled chicken sauté for two minutes. Finally add turmeric, all purpose seasoning and a pinch of sea salt. Cover the sauce pan leaves it over medium heat, stir every 2 minutes. Leave it covered for 2 minutes to cool off… Stir it and is ready to eat.
- Can be eaten with white rice.
- Warm 96% fat free tortillas in a microwave for 10 seconds. Spread tortilla adds the cooked cabbage, make it into a tortilla roll and enjoy it delicious taste.
I cannot eat rice, every time I eat rice my blood sugar levels shoots high. So I enjoy this dish with Quaker Oats. Microwave the oats in water, 3 minutes and I enjoy eating with the sautéed cabbage. My blood sugar levels stays in control.
God Bless Amen! by Cathy B Kaur, Houston, Texas