How to make cake
No good in the kitchen? Need to make cake but don’t know how? Don’t worry, with this simple how to make cake guide you’ll have a perfect sponge cake that you can decorate however you like. It simple. Really.
You will need
- 2 Eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 125g butter
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
How to make cake method
1. Put the oven on to gas mark 190C
2. In a large mixing bowl, put the butter and sugar in. You might need to soften the butter a little first and then using a wooden spoon, mix together until creamy.
3. Add an egg and the vanilla essence and mix.
4. Add half the flour and mix
5. Add the other egg and mix
6. Add the rest of the flour and mix
7. Put the mixture into one or two non-stick sponge tins
8. Put it into the oven and bake the cake for around 25 minutes
Take out the cake and leave to cool on a rack. You can then decorate it however you like, jam, fresh cream, icing sugar are all good here, but be creative.