Things You’ll Need:
- 6 to 10 slices of bacon. diced
- 14.5oz can tomato sauce
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cans black beans. 2 cans drained but not rinsed
- 1.5tbls chili powder
- 1tbls cumin
- 2tbls ketchup
- 1tbls worcestershire sauce
- 1 pack of pre-diced onions or 2 onions diced
- 4 to 8 cloves of garlic. minced
- 16oz bottle of beer. use beer you would drink
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste. I use smoked sea salt, but any salt will work.
Over medium-high heat brown bacon to render off fat. Aprox. 4 to 6 minutes.
Leaving bacon in pan add onions and cook until tinder. Aprox. 4 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Garlic will become fragrant.
Add ketchup, worcestershire, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
When boiling add black beans and stir well. Return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often.
Add cilantro and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Stir often.
Remove from heat and stir in lime juice before serving.
Tip! – Serve with cheese and sour cream.
Warning! – Be sure to stir often during the simmer to prevent scotching.