Bilberry was simply discovered by chance, It has shown to help reduce these symptoms from occurring after excessive use of computers. To accomplish good vision, good nutrition is vital to healthy eyes.
The Eye: the cornea is the transparent covering through which light travels, beyond the cornea lays in the iris, which gives the eye its color. The area between the cornea and the irisis known as the anterior chamber, the open area in the middle of the iris is the pupil. The inner back surface of the eye is lined with light-sensitive nerve tissue called the retina; the most important part of the retina is the macula. The macula and the other parts of the retina coalesce to form the optic nerve, which is a sort of cable that connects the eye to the brain. In the eyes there are two types of refractive errors:
Healthy Functions of Antioxidants
* Vitamin A: is an antioxidant found in foods from animals in liver and eggs. Vitamin A in fruits and vegetables like carrots and spinach and in milk vitamin A, it helps with the proper functions of the retina helping the eye to adapt between bright light and darkness; far-sighted, or near-sighted.
* Vitamin C: may slow the progression of glaucoma in the eyes.
* Omega-3 fatty acid: can help prevent hardening of the arteries in both the heart and the eye by reducing inflammation.
* Vitamin E: help reduce the risk of complications after laser cornea surgery
* Zinc: the retina has the highest concentration of zinc of any organ system it zinc plays a role in reducing the risk of age-related macular degeneration. A warning (dangerous effect of zinc is attenuated by antioxidants, such as vitamin E, taken at the same time as the zinc).
* Selenium: is an essential trace mineral with antioxidant properties that works with vitamin E, protects cellular integrity and cell membranes. It protects the cell membranes from free radical damage, decreasing the risk of macular degeneration, cataracts, and glaucoma.
* Bilberry Extract: stabilizes structures within the eye like, connective tissue, proper functioning of all components within the eyes, helps reduce the visually debilitating occurrence of cataracts. It has shown positive results in diabetic patients. Its extract contains a high concentration of anthocyanins, and flavonoids. Antioxidants in bilberry supports retinal function and stops the growth of cataracts
Here are some helpful hints for healthy eyes: Rinse the eyes with water daily; Drink lots of water as constipation has adverse effect on eyes; Eye exercises help remove toxins and congestion from eyes; Soak green tea Bags in lukewarm water, apply to your eyes it has antioxidants that help clear away toxin.
God Bless Amen! By Cathy B Kaur, Houston.