If you are trying to satisfy a chocolate craving or want to make something quick and easy to impress friends, then this chocolate slice recipe is for you!
Chocolate slice should be made a few hours ahead of eating or serving to guests, to allow time to set properly. This will ensure that it does not fall apart and the chocolate icing sets nicely before cutting into squares.
Chocolate slice still tastes great after a few days and is best stored in airtight containers in the fridge. That is, if it lasts that long! Guests will keep coming back for more!
Chocolate Slice Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
Icing Mixture Ingredients
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Vanilla essence
- Hot water
- Preheat a moderate oven to 180C or 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, melt butter and add egg. Lightly beat with a fork then add to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Press into a lightly greased baking tray with your fingers to create an even layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. While waiting for the slice to cool, you can make your icing mixture.
- Mix icing sugar, cocoa, a few drops of vanilla essence and some hot water together. Mix until your icing mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Once slice has almost cooled, spread icing mixture over the top. Let set in the fridge. Once set, cut into squares and enjoy!