Secret codes have been used for thousands of years. These codes often were carried by spies, which were vital in saving or destroying a nation. They were widely used during the World War II. After the birth of computers, they have lost their purpose. However, they are fun to use and easy to write. My article teaches you how to write a secret code in five minutes.
1) Write down all the 26 alphabets of the English language on a piece of paper.
2) Choose any alphabet that you prefer or like.
3) Mark that particular alphabet with a pencil or pen. Now start writing A to Z below the marked alphabet.
4) When you finish, the second row will have Z and A next to each other.
5) To write your secret code, look at the alphabet you want to write in a code from the paper. Then, swap it with the alphabet below.
6) Your secret code is ready. To decode the secret message simply do the reverse of step 5.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
S T U V W X Y Z A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R
In this example I have chosen the alphabet ‘I’ as my preferred alphabet. I start A below the alphabet ‘I’
If I want to write the word ‘SECRET’ in code, it would be KWUJWL
To decode what it means, you just have to look up which alphabet in the second row corresponds to the first row.