If you love the look of long fingernails, then here are some tips on getting those nails to grow long and healthy.
The most important thing to remember is that a healthy balanced diet is the main key in having long nails.
A Few Don’ts for Nail Growth
- Don’t wash dishes unless you wear rubber gloves. The water can make your nails soft and easier to break
- If you wear nail polish, don’t pick at the polish. This can damage your nail
- Don’t use your nail as a tool; as in, don’t use to pry open things, etc.
- Don’t bite your nails
Some Tips for Nail Growth
- Almonds. Did you know that almonds contain a fatty acid that is excellent for your nails? Eating just 6 almonds a day can increase your nail growth
- The corners of your nails should be square. Rounded edges can cause breakage because it weakens the edges
- Massage your nails daily. Rub your nails with your other hand for at least five minutes a day. This increased the circulation, which in turn helps the nail grow.
- Wearing nail polish will help your nail stay hard; just don’t wear it for long periods of time. Once a week give your self a manicure and change or refresh your polish
- Moisturize your cuticles each night
A Few Facts You May Not Know About Nails
- Nails grow faster in the summer
- Men’s nails usually grow faster than women’s
- A healthy toe nail usually takes a year to grow out completely
- A healthy finger nail usually takes about six months to grow out completely
- Nails grow faster on the hand you use most