Week 17 RB Rankings – Start & Sit Advice. Week 17 RB Rankings are based on the best matchups and highest potential fantasy football point outcomes among all RB in Week 17. Use these Week 17 RB Rankings to help you decide which RB to start this week. If you have any comments or questions, you can post in the comment box below the rankings.
Week 17 – RB Rankings
1. Chris Johnson – Ten = @Sea
Even though the Titans playoff hopes have vanished, the team is still playing for Chris Johnson and his quest to break the rushing record. And after Seattle’s defense just got lit up by the Packers rushing attack last week to the tune of 146 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns, the rushing record goal has to look very attainable to Chris Johnson and the Titans this week. 100-150 rushing yards, 1-2 touchdowns.
2. Ray Rice – Bal = @Oak
Considering Baltimore has plenty to play for in this playoff type game, I fully expect Ray Rice to be Mr. Everything on offense in this game. With the Raiders defense yielding an average of 149 rushing yards per game this season, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Rice tallies 150-200 total yards and 1-2 touchdowns in this must win game for the Ravens.
3. Maurice Jones-Drew – Jac = @Cle
With the Jaguars playoff hopes dashed in last weeks loss, Jones-Drew may decide to dole out some frustration on the Browns defense this week. I would expect numbers in the range of 150 total yards and 1-2 touchdowns.
4. Frank Gore – SF = @StL
Great matchup for Gore, and with nothing to play for but a W, I expect the 49ers to finish out the season strong, earn the W this game, and make sure Gore gets 20 plus rushing attempts. 100-125 rushing yards, 1-2 touchdowns.
5. Rashard Mendenhall – Pit = @Mia
Granted the Steelers may elect to pass the ball more than run it in this game, but the goal line carries are clearly Mendenhall’s right now. Not to mention Mendenhall has shown his versatility of being able to tally receptions out of the backfield in recent weeks. I would anticipate stats around 75-100 rushing yards and 1 touchdown in this game.
6. Adrian Peterson – Min = NYG
The Vikings may elect to rest Peterson in this game, but he should still play at least a full first half. I wouldn’t expect great numbers from Peterson, but a very solid game is nearly guaranteed. 50-80 rushing yards, 1 touchdown.
7. Jonathan Stewart – Car = NO
If DeAngelo Williams is out for this game, then Stewart’s ranking jumps up tremendously here. I wouldn’t be shy at all about ranking Stewart at #4, just behind Chris Johnson, Ray Rice and Maurice Jones-Drew. With DeAngelo Williams out: 100-125 rushing yards, 1-2 touchdowns. With DeAngelo Williams playing: 75 rushing yards, 1 touchdown.
8. Matt Forte – Chi = @Det
Outstanding matchup finally has Matt Forte back in the top 10 RBs this week to close out the season. He isn’t a sure bet for fantasy teams, but considering Forte’s only 100 yard rushing game this season came in week 4 against the Detroit Lions, the potential is clearly there for Forte to post his best game of the season this week. 100-150 total yards and 1 touchdown is possible.
9. Knowshon Moreno – Den = KC
Great matchup for Moreno and a must win game for Denver. With Correll Buckhalter once again injured during last weeks game and possibly out for this game, Moreno could be looking at a full workload all to himself. 75-100 rushing yards and 1 touchdown is a very realistic possibility.
10. Jamaal Charles – KC = @Den
While Larry Johnson will complain that his rushing performance for the Chiefs was because of the bad offensive line play in KC, Charles is making the case that Larry Johnson’s struggles were all Larry Johnson and not the Chiefs offense. I would anticipate Charles putting up numbers in the range of 75-100 rushing yards and 1 touchdown possible.
11. Jerome Harrison – Cle = Jac
Harrison backed up his career game with another outstanding performance last week. This matchup against the Jaguars will likely be a tougher challenge for him, but with Chris Jennings non-existent the last two weeks, it finally looks safe to assume Harrison will be the featured #1 RB for the Browns in this game. 75-100 rushing yards and 1 touchdown is possible.
12. Marion Barber – Dal = Phi
Barber has been a master at sniffing out TDs over the past two weeks, and I wouldn’t expect anything different from him this week. 50 rushing yard, 1 touchdown.
13. Pierre Thomas – NO = @Car
Oddly enough, this is a very meaningful game for the Saints this week, and Pierre Thomas could very easily play a large roll. However with so many weapons in New Orleans, Thomas is just a fantasy RB with great potential this week who offers no reliability for fantasy teams.
14. Sammy Morris – NE = @Hou / SLEEPER
The seemingly inevitable takeover for Laurence Maroney may have officially happened last week.
15. Ryan Grant – GB = @Ari
16. Thomas Jones – NYJ = Cin
17. LaDainian Tomlinson – SD = Was
18. Joseph Addai – Ind = @Buf
19. Fred Jackson – Buf = Ind
20. Carnell Williams – TB = Atl / SLEEPER
21. Jason Snelling – Atl = @TB
22. DeAngelo Williams – Car = NO
23. Brian Westbrook – Phi = @Dal
24. Darren Sproles – SD = Was / SLEEPER
25. Donald Brown – Ind = @Buf / SLEEPER
26. Beanie Wells – Ari = GB
27. Ricky Williams – Mia = Pit
28. Cedric Benson – Cin = @NYJ
29. Justin Forsett – Sea = Ten
30. Michael Turner – Atl = @TB
31. Ahmad Bradshaw – NYG = @Min
32. Maurice Morris – Det = Chi / DEEP SLEEPER
33. Steven Jackson – StL = SF
34. Laurence Maroney – NE = @Hou
35. Tim Hightower – Ari = GB
36. Reggie Bush – NO = @Car
37. Quinton Ganther – Was = @SD
38. LeSean McCoy – Phi = @Dal
39. Brandon Jacobs – NYG = @Min
40. Julius Jones – Sea = Ten
41. Mike Bell – NO = @Car
42. Arian Foster – Hou = NE
43. Michael Bush – Oak = Bal
44. Marshawn Lynch – Buf = Ind
45. Jerious Norwood – Atl = @TB
46. Larry Johnson – Cin = @NYJ
47. Derrick Ward – TB = Atl
48. Darren McFadden – Oak = Bal
49. Felix Jones – Dal = Phi
50. Shonn Greene – NYJ = Cin / DEEP SLEEPER
51. Kevin Faulk – NE = @Hou
52. Willis McGahee – Bal = @Oak
53. Chester Taylor – Min = NYG
54. LenDale White – Ten = @Sea
55. Glen Coffee – SF = @StL
56. Willie Parker – Pit = @Mia
57. Brandon Jackson – GB = @Ari
58. Chris Jennings – Cle = Jac
59. Ryan Moats – Hou = NE
60. Justin Fargas – Oak = Bal
61. Tashard Choice – Dal = Phi
62. Correll Buckhalter – Den = KC
63. Fred Taylor – NE = @Hou
64. Rashad Jennings – Jac = @Cle
65. Ahman Green – GB = @Ari
66. Le’Ron McClain – Bal = @Oak
67. BenJarvus Green-Ellis – NE = @Hou
68. Bernard Scott – Cin = @NYJ
69. Rock Cartwright – Was = @SD
70. Chris Brown – Hou = NE
71. Earnest Graham – TB = Atl
72. Danny Ware – NYG = @Min
OUT or UNLIKELY TO PLAY:
IR = Kevin Smith – Det
IR = Steve Slaton – Hou
IR = Clinton Portis – Was
IR = Jamal Lewis – Cle
IR = Ladell Betts – Was
IR = Ronnie Brown – Mia
IR = Leon Washington – NYJ
IR = James Davis – Cle
IR = Kolby Smith – KC