How to make New Year Resolutions!
Many of you may be under the wrong impression that making a New Year Resolution means something like entering into a new contract. It is not so. In fact, the meaning of making a New Year Resolution is resolving or making up your mind to do something tangible and concrete in the forthcoming year.Therefore, you have to necessarily have some clear cut goals and objectives before making a New Year Resolution.
However, before making a New Year Resolution, you have got some pertinent questions:-
1) Why should you make a New Year Resolution?
2) What are the prerequisites for making a New Year Resolution?
3) What are the guiding factors that you have to bear in mind before making a New Year Resolution?
If you answer the above questions in clear cut terms, you are right on target.
1).As you grow from your childhood, you come across many stages in your personal life like childhood, teenage, manhood, fatherhood or motherhood and you have many other roles to play in each stage of your personal life. Your relationship with third parties at various stages of your life is mostly determined by your educational and business considerations. Hence, as you grow and move into another stage of your life, you encounter new problems with added responsibilities. As you grow in age, you have gained weight and suffer from obesity; have complaints like diabetes, hypertension and some other peculiar ailments like hair fall and becoming bald; become addicted to porn, smoke and liquor etc
You are a teen but you have some problems with dating; you have suffered from a string of love failures. As a student, you have some difficulties in your studies and repeatedly failing in a subject; as a businessman, you have not reached your target and your progress in business has been very slow and it is in a snail’s phase; you are achieving your targets in business so quickly and now you are in a dilemma, how to sustain your success in business steadily and go ahead. Hence, whether it is your personal life or business, you have to necessarily define your role in each stage of your life for which self-analysis is a must. When you embark upon into this process of self-analysis, naturally the process of making a New Year Resolution provides you a golden opportunity to assess your personal as well as external life, your merits and demerits, your strengths and weaknesses, your successes and failures etc.
To put it simply, you have to necessarily make a New Year Resolution so as to periodically check up yourself, to subject yourself to a litmus test so as to find out where you stand in your life and how to get rid of from some of the vicious circles that you have unwittingly entangled into. It is just like periodically removing the dust from your computer table, cleaning your stable or removing the rust that has gathered in the ongoing process of your life. If you do not engage in self-analysis of yourself or your business periodically, you may very soon reach a point of no return. Therefore you have to necessarily make a New Year Resolution.
2) You have decided to make a New Year Resolution. Before beginning the process, you require some prerequisites. If the New Resolution is pertaining to your personal life, say reducing your weight or controlling your diabetes or getting yourself relieved from your addiction to smoking or liquor; or if the New Year Resolution is pertaining to your business, you have to gather all the details and keep them at your finger tips for analysis before beginning the process of making a New Year Resolution. You should have a clear vision, planning and clear-cut targets before making a New Year Resolution. Otherwise, you may not achieve your target and get the desired results; above all the purpose of making a New Year Resolution may go waste and you may even miserably fail in your personal as well as in your business life.
3) You have gathered all details before making a New Year Resolution. You have also begun the process. However, there are certain guiding factors that you should necessarily follow before making a New Year Resolution.
1) You should bear in mind that your targets are meant to be achieved in a year; so your targets should take into account your personal factors like age, your educational qualification, your capacity to achieve the target, your past achievements or the targets you achieved in the past. To put it simply, you should set your targets that are feasible, small and achievable within the given time limit and in tune with the realities.
2) Your personal targets like reducing your weight, securing high marks in a subject, achieving success in your love etc depends upon your sincere efforts, sustained hard work that you put in to achieve your targets;
3) Your targets in business should also be fixed reasonably that are feasible and achievable and in tune with your realities; but you should also bear in mind unlike the personal targets mentioned above, the business targets that you fix depend upon your personal factors like your level of education, your capacity for hard work etc and the external factors like the Government support, competition in your business, economic factors like demand and supply and availability of capital and raw materials etc.Taking all these factors into account, you should fix a reasonable target.
4) It is equally important to note down whether the targets fixed in the previous year were achieved; if the targets had been achieved it is safe to follow the same guiding factors for the forthcoming year also besides fixing the same target. If you set a higher target, you need to put in more efforts, besides concentrating on other factors accordingly. If the target fixed in the previous year was not achieved, you have to take into account those factors which hampered the progress of your project and fix a reasonable target for the forthcoming year.
Thus before making a New Year Resolution, you have to take all the above factors into account to have fruitful results, lest it will be only a meaningless formality.