Cumin seeds form the most important among the spices used to prepare any food in most of the countries. It is a seed of as small flowering herb of the parsley family. This is being used since time immemorial and a little of oil with cumin seeds used as a dressing over a plate of cooked pulses or rice adds a totally different taste to it.
The benefits of cumin seeds are:
- Take a glass of water and add a teaspoon of cumin seeds. Boil this mixture for a while. Then add salt and a teaspoon of coriander leaf juice. Have it like tea. This helps to treat indigestion, diarrhea, nausea and morning sickness.
- It is also a good antiseptic. Grind the black cumin seeds with water to make a paste. It serves as a good ointment for boils. Apply this mixture over affected area.
- The seeds are rich in iron and help to boost the functioning of liver. Hence it is used as an antiseptic and to cure digestion disorders.
- For mothers feeding their baby on breast milk, it is recommended to have cumin seeds daily. Chew some grinded cumin seeds. This helps to build milk.
- It is also helpful in common cold. Take cumin and add some dry ginger to it. Intake of this mixture helps to cure sore throat and relieves symptoms of common cold.
- It also acts a good tonic for the body. It helps to build heat in the body, thus increasing the metabolism of the body and keeps digestion in place.
- It also helps to boost the immunity system. It is considered to be a powerful kidney and liver herb. Black cumin seeds can also treat asthma and arthritis.