Eyes are an important part of the body and needs to be taken care of.
Some people say that eyes speak and are often an expression of self and emotions that are arising within. Hence such an expressive and expensive organ needs to be taken care in the right manner. Some of the tips are:
- Get regular eye check up done.
- Always wear proper sunglasses. Avoid low quality lenses. Go for glasses that have 400UV protection or more. Glasses which can absorb 99 -100 percent of UV light, especially UV-B are the most appropriate.
- Blink rapidly to moisten the eyes especially when working for long hours in front of a computer or a television.
- Take good sleep.
- To get rid of puffiness of eyes, take a short nap.
- Apply cucumber juice or potato juice to get rid of dark circles.
- Wash your eyes with cold water at regular intervals.
- Have diets rich in vitamins like papaya, egg, fish, milk and leafy vegetables like cabbage, spinach. Carrots are also good for the eyes.
- Take amla and soak it in water overnight. Strain it in the morning and wash your eyes with that water.
- Soak almonds overnight and in the morning wash your eyes with that water.
- Apply the dew drops that you see in winters twinkling on the grass over your eyes. They give a very soothing touch.
- Apply rose water over your eyes to relax the eye muscles and give a soothing touch.
- Vitamin rich food, especially vitamin a is good for reducing cataracts and night blindness. Vitamin C helps to reduce pressure in glaucoma and slows down the degeneration due to old age.