Hosting a cocktail party might be a little too stuffy for your friends… how about a dessert party? Now who could turn down something like that??
1. First of all, inform your guests that it is a “come as you are” kind of party. And if you have plans to take everyone outside to make snowmen or something lol… be sure that they know so that they can dress accordingly. There are a lot of hours to put in before midnight. Having an outdoor activity helps to fill the time.
2. If it is close family and/or friends, you might ask everyone to bring one of their own favorite desserts to share. At this time of the year, there is no such thing as too many desserts.
3. I mentioned outdoor activities… sledding or ice skating might be a nice suggestion before everyone digs into the desserts. How about a hike??
4. If you plan on providing all of the desserts… the following jumped into my mind. Feel free to use any that would appeal to your guests…
If you plan on providing all of the desserts… the following jumped into my mind. Feel free to use any that would appeal to your guests…
*a hot dessert… like a pudding cake
*a square of brownie that is still hot from the oven and a scoop of ice cream
5. To close the evening, you might want to send home a little ornament in the shape of one of the desserts that were served.