This is the time of year when we can into a lot of trouble and a lot of the problems might be down to a few bad habits that we don’t even know about. Like the ones below…
1. When a sale really isn’t a sale at all. The store tells us that it is a sale and we believe them so before you buy anything, start jotting down prices offered in different stores. You will be amazed how prices can differ!
2. Feeling that we MUST buy something or we have wasted our time out shopping. This is an area I really have to work on! I assume because I have put in the time to go out shopping, I have to bring something home… even if it’s just a little thing. It makes me feel that I have accomplished something!
3. Do you comparison shop? I am one of those shoppers (or at least I use to be) that just wanted to be done with it. If I saw something I wanted, I bought it then and there. Now I peruse the newspaper. The flyer section is actually kind of interesting when you take the time to actually look at it! It can save you a ton of money and I’m amazed at the companies that actually offer coupons!
4. You don’t give yourself a budget for gift giving. Decide ahead of time how much you are going to spend on birthday presents.
And for Christmas… we set a dollar amount and we are supposedly sticking to it. I’m a wee bit over, but nothing compared to previous years.
5. You are out Christmas shopping and you see something that YOU want. Definitely been there and done that. Don’t do it. Put it on your birthday wish list and let someone else buy it for you! It’s so much more fun that way. 😉
Here’s to a great holiday season for your family and your bank account.