Last week I was telling a work mate of mine, Yasemin, that I am gathering quick recipes on a blog. She was very interested and gave me a quick and delicious egg meal recipe immediately. She said she heard it on TV some time ago. A famous Turkish person like an artist or singer was mentioning it on a talk show as her favorite quick recipe. Yasemin said that she tried it and it became her favorite also.
Eggs are always a good alternative when you come home in the evening and the refrigerator is nearly empty or you don’t have much time or energy to cook something else. We also tend to add some other ingredient to make it fuller but I would never think that potatoes could be a right match for eggs until I tried this simple recipe myself. It is delicious and doesn’t need many ingredients. I think everyone including children will be crazy about it. You can prepare it any time of the day, be it for breakfast or dinner.
What you need to cook Eggs with Potatoes are:
- 5 Eggs, scrambled
- 4 mid size potatoes
- 1 mid size onion
- 2 green peppers
- 50 gr. grated kashar cheese
- Grounded black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
How to cook Eggs with Potatoes:
- Chop the onion and get it lightly browned in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Meanwhile cut the potatoes in little pieces and fry them in a pan in very little olive oil.You don’t need to have them swimming in oil as we are not trying to make french fries, just brown them wholly.
- Chop the green peppers into thin pieces and add to the lightly browned onion.Add the potatoes in also when they are ready.
- Stir the mixture a few times and add the eggs.
- Add the kashar cheese.
- Season with grounded black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Stir on light heat until the eggs are done.
Tips before you cook:
- This recipe is for 3 people. You can just increase the ingredients proportionately if you need to make it bigger.
- If you cut the potatoes into very little pieces it will be easier to fry them quickly.
For other easy and tasty recipes visit: http://easytasty.blogspot.com/