If you’ve been accused of a crime, whether you are guilty or not, you would find yourself looking for a criminal attorney. Finding a good attorney can make the difference between going to jail and not going to jail, especially if you are innocent of the crime you are being accused of!
- If you are taken to jail, try to get bail. If you are not eligible for bail or you are unable to pay bail, you should either ask help of your family or find out which ways you can hire a lawyer from jail. Sometimes a lawyer will be assigned to you rather than you going to find one for yourself, but if you find yourself not liking the lawyer, you might want to still find another attorney.
- Look online and in the phone book for criminal attorneys. You want to make sure that you have a few to pick from, since your goal is to have the best representation, especially if you are innocent!
- Call the attorneys’ office and find out what their prices are and what kind of crimes they represent. Some attorneys will represent only for certain crimes, so you want to be sure that they are appropriate for the crime that you supposedly committed.
- Do some online research to find out how good or bad the attorneys at the top of your list are. You want to have the best representation, so you need to make sure that the attorney you hire has a good reputation and that they are going to represent you well.
- Hire the attorney of your choice and work out all of the details with them for how much you will pay and the details of your case.