Week 14 QB Rankings – Start & Sit Advice. Week 14 QB Rankings are based on the best matchups and highest potential fantasy football point outcomes among all QB in Week 14. Use these Week 14 QB Rankings to help you decide which QB to start this week. If you have any comments or questions, just post in the comment box below the rankings.
Week 14 – QB Rankings
1. Drew Brees – NO = @Atl
With a victory in this game potentially clinching the #1 seed for the Saints in the NFC playoffs, you can bet they won’t rest any key players in this matchup. Considering the fact that the Falcons defense allows an average of 254 passing yards per game, Brees should be a near lock for 300 passing yards. 300 passing yards, 2-3 touchdowns.
2. Kurt Warner – Ari = @SF
After watching the Cardinals offense take care of business against the Vikings defense last week, I feel very comfortable ranking Warner at this #2 spot. With a win in this game, the Cardinals could clinch the division title. Assuming Warner’s hip injury isn’t anything major, he has an opportunity to tally 300 passing yards and 2-3 touchdowns in this game.
3. Philip Rivers – SD = @Dal
With Kurt Warner not playing until Monday night, Rivers would be a safer play for fantasy teams deciding between starting Rivers and Warner this week. Another game with playoff implications, the Chargers will likely be playing all out in this one, to get another game up on the Denver Broncos in the division. 250-300 passing yards, 2-3 touchdowns.
4. Aaron Rodgers – GB = @Chi
A mid-December game in Chicago could lead to more rushing attempts than passing attempts in this game for the Packers offense. However, after watching Rodgers pick apart the Ravens secondary last week in sub-20 degree weather, I wouldn’t want to bench this stud QB on my fantasy team. If Rodgers got your team to the playoffs, stick with him. I’d expect numbers in the range of 200-250 passing yards and 1-2 touchdowns.
5. Ben Roethlisberger – Pit = @Cle
Big Ben looked plenty healthy last week in his return, so with Pittsburgh needing a win this week to stay in the playoff hunt, you can expect a lot of offense from the Steelers in this game. In case you are wondering why I would rank Roethlisberger below Rivers this week, it is because I see the Steelers having an easier time running the ball than the Chargers, so that should take away some passing attempts and possible touchdowns for Roethlisberger while Rivers will likely have more passing opportunities. 250-300 passing yards and 2-3 touchdowns is very possible.
6. Tom Brady – NE = Car
7. Peyton Manning – Ind = Den
8. Tony Romo – Dal = SD
9. Matt Schaub – Hou = Sea / injury ?
10. Joe Flacco – Bal = Det / SLEEPER
11. Vince Young – Ten = StL / injury ? / SLEEPER
12. Brett Favre – Min = Cin
13. Donovan McNabb – Phi = @NYG
14. Eli Manning – NYG = Phi
15. Carson Palmer – Cin = @Min
16. Kyle Orton – Den = @Ind / SLEEPER
17. Matt Hasselbeck – Sea = @Hou
18. Alex Smith – SF = Ari
19. Jay Cutler – Chi = GB
20. David Garrard – Jac = Mia
21. Ryan Fitzpatrick – Buf = @KC / SLEEPER
22. Chad Henne – Mia = @Jac / SLEEPER
23. Jason Campbell – Was = @Oak
24. Bruce Gradkowski – Oak = Was / SLEEPER
25. Mark Sanchez – NYJ = @TB / injury ?
26. Kyle Boller – StL = @Ten
27. Matt Cassel – KC = Buf
28. Chris Redman – Atl = NO
29. Matt Moore – Car = @NE / DEEP SLEEPER
30. Matthew Stafford – Det = @Bal
31. Josh Freeman – TB = NYJ
32. Brady Quinn – Cle = Pit
33. Rex Grossman – Hou = Sea
34. Brodie Croyle – KC = Buf
35. Kellen Clemens – NYJ = @TB
36. Jake Delhomme – Car = @NE / injury ?
37. Matt Ryan – Atl = NO / injury ?
38. Dennis Dixon – Pit = @Cle
39. Matt Leinart – Ari = @SF
40. Pat White – Mia = @Jac
41. Daunte Culpepper – Det = @Bal
OUT or UNLIKELY TO PLAY:
Marc Bulger – StL = broken leg
IR = Chad Pennington – Mia