In today’s busy society, it is sometimes difficult to find time to go to the gym or spend a fixed amount of time exercising. It seems like the only real option for the busy worker bee is to lose excess weight through diet. If you can’t manage to get to the gym or to fit a workout into your busy daily schedule, you might want to consider ways to lose weight through diet alone.
- Drink plenty of water. Make sure you’re getting your recommended daily amount. Sometimes people find themselves feeling hungry, but they are actually thirsty. This is especially true when you are dehydrated. By drinking six to eight glasses of water a day, you avoid the problem of eating when you’re thirsty. It is also a good way to lose weight because your body won’t be retaining extra water.
- Eat at least four servings of fruits and vegetables. It’s better to eat five or six servings, but shoot for at least four a day.
- Try to avoid red meat. Red meat is high in saturated fat and it’s better to avoid it. Occasionally eating some is fine, but try not to eat red meat every day.
- Make sure you are eating proper portion sizes. Don’t eat more than what is suggested as a portion size. If you still feel hungry after your portion sizes are done, give it a few minutes and see if you feel hungry about ten minutes later. If so, grab a piece of fresh fruit or some vegetables.
- Eat until you are 85% full. It takes time for your body to tell you that you are full. By stopping when you feel like you are 85% full, you avoid overeating.