1. Joshua 1:7,8 “Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go. This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.”
It takes courage to keep God’s Word. It also takes a commitment to read and meditates on the Word of God as the source of guidance and encouragement.
2. Psalm 119:9 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word.”
The Word of God is the answer for living a life wholly committed to God.
3. Psalm 144:3 “O LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him? Or the son of man, that You think of him?”
Significance and worth come from God. For man to come to the mind of God and to be created from His mind gives him unprecedented honor, meaning and belonging.
4. Proverbs 1:5 “A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel.”
Developing the art of wisdom means listening to godly men who have wisdom.
5. Proverbs 8:34 “Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts.”
The man who is attentive to God’s leading is like a man who is waiting, expecting and anticipating that God will speak in his life and situation. To do so means we also have to “watch” what enters the “gates” of our eyes and ears.
6. Proverbs 24:16 “For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again, But the wicked stumble in time of calamity.”
The godly man is able to overcome obstacles that may come his way throughout life. His ability to continuously trust God even when it seems as though life has dealt him a bad hand is connected to his relationship with the Lord.
7. Proverbs 18:16“A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men.”
God has uniquely gifted men to serve Him in His kingdom. God will give men the opportunity to use the gifts. A man’s attitude about that gift will determine how far God will take him in the development of the gift.
8. 1 Timothy 4:14“Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.”
Men should cultivate the gift of salvation as well as the gift of ministry by maturing in the Lord as well as through accountability with other men. God has called men to serve Him in ministry. We should not neglect this gift or let the women do all the work, but rather actively seek ways to serve God in this capacity.
9. 2 Timothy 1:6 “Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.”
God has affirmed you as His choice for a specific task. Your gift was not only given to you by God, but it was also confirmed by godly men around you.
10. Matthew 25:20, 21 “The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.’ His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!”