It is sweet, but not so full of sugar that you feel guilty eating it and it is chock full of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, especially if you add fresh fruits! This tasty treat makes a great addition to your Christmas dinner and it is wonderful as a snack later! You can even have it for breakfast! Children love it and most adults do too!
- In a large mixing bowl, pour some heavy cream. Add about one cup of sugar or so. With the mixer, beat this mixture until it becomes thick and creamy. You want it to be very thick for a base to your fruit salad. Add more sugar if you feel it is needed.
- Open two large canned fruit salad mixtures. These will usually have peaches, grapes and cherries. Pour out the syrup. You only want the fruit. Put the fruit in a large bowl.
- Cut up some fresh red delicious apples. Cut up at least two large apples. You can add more if you like, depending on your tastes.
- Peel some fresh oranges and separate. You’ll want to remove seeds, so cut each wedge in half to get the seeds out.
- Add the cream and sugar mixture and mix well. Once you have the cream mixture all over the fruit, put this in the fridge until it is needed for dinner.
- If anyone is allergic to the fruits in the fruit salad, you can simply take out what they are allergic to while you are making it, so they can enjoy the fruit salad too.