- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 large egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise, or as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken and water in a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, skimming fat as needed.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then drain and shred.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery, and egg; toss to blend.
- Add the relish, 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, salt, and pepper, blend well. Add more mayonnaise, if desired.
This classic chicken salad recipe is easy and fast. It only takes around 35 minutes to prepare (includes 30 minutes cooking) and is healthy and low-fat as well. You can easily freeze the left-overs if you have any and store them for up to 3 months or longer.
You can also make this a seasonal dish if you like by adding cranberries in the winter or other fruits in the summer, like grapes, peaches, strawberries, or whatever you like.
You can scale this recipe up or down as you like with no problems as well, but remember that you can always add more salt but you can’t take it away.
If you server this on a sandwich be sure to include a slice of fresh tomato as well, and maybe a pickle or two.
I thnink Yu May Like It…This is Jsut About the chicken recipie..if yu like it i will post more artivclessss