Well it’s been quite a while since ATI (AMD) have released their DX 11.0 compatible graphic cards for desktop and without a question, for extreme gamers and performance geeks.
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5XXX cards are yet to follow but that’s not the point. Because, they are already done and might come before 2 quarter of 2010.
The main point is which company would take the crown of being ‘the first’ to introduce a DX 11.0 compatible notebook. Well, when we really search about it, people and gamers always brag out loud for ‘Alienware’. Well, it might be true, but that’s not the case this time.
Rumors are circulating for ACER’s upcoming DX 11.0 compatible notebook. And when you search about it on Google, you will find a hell lot of interesting information.
First of all, it is from Aspire series and here is the model number that I could get, 8942G-728G1280TWN.
These are the specifications which makes this notebook totally awesome-
- Core i7 – No biggy, currenty Dell Studio 15, HP Envy and Acer Aspire have this processor. This processor is absolutely phenomenal in terms of performance and efficiency. It comes in 3 models right now. But this particular notebook will obviously start with Core i7 720QM (1.6GHz, turbo boost can over clock it up to 2.83 GHz).
- RAM – DDR3 8GB, great for gaming and multi-tasking.
- Display – 18.4” FHD LED backlit display with 1980X1080 resolutions (native).
- Discrete graphics by ATI – Here comes the interesting part. First notebook that would run ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 (or something) with up to 1GB of GDDR5 RAM.
- All other connectivity solutions are already known to us because nothing is going to change that much. You can hope for Bluetooth V. 2.1, but well 2.0 works great anyway.
- Weight- You can compare this beast with Alienware notebooks, hence it’s gonna weigh likewise. Somewhere around 4.9Kg would be nice. It’s like having 2 of my Lenovo Y410.
So, that’s all for funny rumors and reality. You might see this laptop in the market by 1 quarter of 2010. I am pretty sure that if ATI is going to release their Mobility Radeon cards then Alienware won’t sit and watch. Let’s hope for a great competition.