People have often wondered if there was only one true religion and if it’s the one they belong to. But in this time and age, most people have an attitude that it doesn’t matter what religion you practice as long as it makes you feel good. But is that what God believes? Is that Jesus taught? It would do us well to look into the matter. Following are five things that true religion will follow.
1. Use, respect and obey God’s Word – the Bible. Not just parts of it that fit what they want to hear, but all of it. (2 Tim. 3:16)
2. They would see that God’s kingdom is the only solution to the problems that mankind faces. Realize that God’s government does NOT rule through the earthly governments now in place. (Dan. 2:44)
3. They would be no part of this world as Jesus commanded them to be. The people of the true religion would not allow themselves to be squeezed into the world’s mold. (Romans 12:2)
4. They would be known by God’s name – Jehovah, who is most high over all the earth. God’s name was originally in the Bible over 7,000 times until a man decided to take it out. (Ps. 83:18)
5. They (the adherents to this true religion) would have love among themselves. Love bonds true Christians. They would love each other regardless of race or ethnic backgrounds. It would be a true world-wide brotherhood.(John 13:34, 35)
When you have found the religion that goes by these five things, and not just some of them, but ALL of them, then you have found the one true religion. And you will be a happier person for that.