Do you want to work from home? Do you want a profitable work-at-home business? Some people prefer working from home because there is less distraction like office politics, traffic jams, chatty co-workers, and a demanding boss. In addition, working from home gives you a little more time for your family.
However, this move is not so easy. People who are used to an office environment may find it difficult to adjust to a home office. Planning for it will make sure you and your family is ready for the demand of Work-At-Home life.
Discuss your plan with your spouse. He is going to be a big help if you continue with your plan to work from home. Discuss details including expenses, timeline and help you will need.
Expenses – you will need to buy supplies for your business. This is a major investment that your spouse needs to understand.
Timelines – profiting in your home business may take time. You need to ensure that you have money for basic necessities while waiting for profit to come in.
Help you will need – it may be a lot and thus you have to discuss them.
As for his advice, he may have recommendations that will improve your business and consider his suggestion as you finalize your plans.
Three to Six months before you launch your home business, do the following:
• Send out mailers to possible clients. Inform them about your business, no business is going to be successful if there are no clients to buy your products or service.
• Write articles and post them to article syndication websites. By doing this, you are announcing to the whole world about the existence of your business.
• Contact friends, relatives, or business associates. Talk to them about your plan and as for they suggestions. They may be the first clients you will ever have or at least get referrals from them.
Set up a simple website. You may start with free websites, until you have enough to support a professional website. Look for free website templates. Do a 5-page website i.e., Home page or Sales Page, About Me Page, Product and Service Page, Articles Page and Contact Page.
You may increase the number of pages as you deem necessary but these five are the basic.
Review your products or services, ensure that you know your business by heart, and transfer you knowledge to consumers by talking about it in blogs, articles and in your own website. Provide a link for your blogs, articles, and your website. This will ensure that clients will easily find you.
Research your competitor. Know what works for them, where they get clients, how much they charge for their products and service and look at how they position their products to the market. Improve your website using the knowledge you get from reviewing your competitor.
Launch your home business and offer promotions to your clients. If you sell consumer products, bundle them with complimenting products. You increase your chances of having good sales.
If it is a service you provide, offer a discount for first time clients.
You are now a work at home professional; profit will come in if you plan ahead and continuous to work for it.
1. Set up your home office. Do not work in the kitchen, the bedroom, or your living room. You may not be able to concentrate well if you do.
2. Do not allow your precious little once to play with your home office supplies.
3. If you can have a door in your home office, do so. This is to ensure that distraction in the house will not affect your focus in your work at home business.
4. Focus, it is easy to put off things for later until you completely get out of focus. You lovely little once may be a distraction if you do not learn how to say no to them.