When the economy is poor, families find some ways to entertain the family at home more than going out because it saves them a lot of money. It also brings a special bond with the family as you get to spend more quality time with them. There are a lot of ways you can spend more time at home with the family and save yourself a lot of money.
1. Online video game rentals. Websites such as Gamefly.com give you the ability to pay a low monthly fee and rent all the video games that you want. You can have a couple games out at a time, and when you are done with them you just have to return them via mail and they will send you more out. This is a great opportunity to get the family together and have a lot of fun, without a huge cost.
2. Movie night at home. Get the family together and make a list of some of the movies you have wanted to see lately. Find them on sale, or even rent them at a local movie rental store and have a family night together. You can serve your own popcorn and pop, and you will save a lot more money than going to a theater to catch a flick.
3. Board games. The end of the year or the holiday season is a great time of year to purchase board games for the whole family to play because they are typically on sale. Sit down at the kitchen table or even on the floor and play a new board game. This is another way to have quality family time from the comforts of your own home, and it is inexpensive.
4. Crafts and household projects. Is there a lot of things that need to be done in the home and you haven’t had the time to do so? Plan a night with the family and get some of those things done. If you have younger kids you can even plan craft projects to keep them occupied.
5. Baking night. Teach your kids some valuable lessons and head to the kitchen. Having a baking night with the family can be quite inexpensive, and the best part about it is that they all can eat their creations when they are all done, something that everyone likes! Don’t forget to have everyone pitch in on the cleanup with the baking is done.
There are a lot of activities that the family can do around the house that would be fun, as well as having the opportunity to get the whole family together. You do not have to go out of the home to have a good time, and you will be saving yourself a lot of money by staying home. Keep these things in mind before heading to the car next time.