Lower child support when you lose a job

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

1Child support is usually ordered to the parent who has Physical custody of the child. The parent who has visitation is usually the one who pays. Some parents have joint/shared physical custody and one parent may be ordered to still pay support if there is an extreme difference in the parent’s income. This would be done for the best interest of the child so the child can live at a standard they are used to.  A divorce case can differ from a paternity case, child born out of  

Child support is based on both parties weekly gross income ( before taxes), number of children, ages of children, who is providing health insurance for the child, daycare expenses, and if a parent is paying another court order for child support. If you provide the health insurance for your child you get a credit for it and it will reduce your oder. If you have joint physical custody of the child, 50/50 modem with mom and dad, your order may be terminated or reduced

If you lose your job, take a pay cut, or stop receiving a bonus. This changes your income and may reduce your support order. People on AFDC, EAEDC, SSI, and SSDI may not be ordered to pay support due to there minimal income. You need to inform the court of any changes to your income so they can modify your support order. To do so you need to file a COMPLAINT for Modification as soon as possible.


About Author

Leave A Reply