5 EASY STEPS TO ACHIEVE UNHAPPINESS
1. Make little things bother you: don’t just let them, MAKE them!
2. Lose your perspective of things, and keep it lost. Don’t put first things first.
3. Get yourself a good worry. A worry which you can’t do anything about.
4. Be a perfectionist and condemn yourself and others for not achieving perfection.
5. Be right, always right, perfectly right all the time. Be the only one who is right, and be rigid about your rightness.
No one wants to be unhappy. I consider myself to be a happy person. So why do these points seem so familiar? There are times when “Little things” bother me. Often when little things bother me I do lose my perspective and I can’t help but worry about it. So what’s the answer?
One thing these 5 steps have in common is the desire to please SELF. From time to time we all fall victim to them and when we do, unhappiness is the result. So were do we find happiness? The answer is easy…with Christ. Jesus said, “”Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) But to achieve rest and gain perspective I must DENY my-SELF. As Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.” (Matthew 16:24) There are many steps we can take to achieve un-happiness, but there is only one we need take to be truly happy – we must follow Christ.