Delicious treats, that are as healthy as they are tasty, because they contain no sugar. These dog snacks can be made up ahead of time and pre-packaged to give as gifts, or for your special canine.
List of needed items:
* 1 Cup white flour
* 1 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 Cup old fashioned rolled oats
* 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
* 1 Cup hot water
* 1/4 Cup peanut or olive oil
* 1/2 Cup carob chips (may be omitted)
First, place any dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Whisk all together using a pastry blender. Should there be no pastry blender available, use two butter knives, cutting the ingredients until mixed. Add oil and hot water, mixing until completely moistened ( also using butter knives to blend). Place dough on waxed paper ( may also use greased pan). Knead approximately 2 -3 minutes. Do not overwork dough, this makes it tough. Next, roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters shaped like bones, ducks, rabbits, etc. To keep dough from sticking to cookie cutters, occassionally dip into flour. Place slightly apart, onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* on center rack, for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely before placing into suitable recepticle. (Tin or plastic are both acceptable).
* If there are no cookie cutters available, cut into ribbons 1 inch wide by 3 inches in length.
* May also be divided into individual, cellophane treat bags to gift to all of your doggie friends.