Things You’ll Need:
- Pumpkin (small)
- 3 farm fresh eggs beaten
- Each white/brown sugar 1C
- Vanilla 1tsp
- Allspice 1tsp
- Nutmeg 1tsp
- Can sweetened conds. milk
- Ginger cookies (bag)
Begin by cutting the top of a small pumpkin to make a lid. Next clean the seeds from the cavity, replace the lid, bake 45 minutes to an hour at 325* degrees. Poke with toothpick/knife to test for doneness. Do not over cook as this makes scraping the inside much tougher to accomplish.
Shell Let cool slightly. Scrape insides of pumpkin into a large cooking pot. Fold remaining ingredients, with the exception of cookies, into the pumking mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Batter will begin to carmalize, when this occurs, remove from heat. Grease custard cups or shallow 9x9in baking dish. Arrange cookies into bottom of dish (see photo), spoon pumpkin mixture over the cookies. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350* degrees. Using knife, slip into custard – if removed clean, the custard is done. Let cool approximately 5-10 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Warnings
- Delicious sans cream. If desired, garnish with dollop whipping cream. Also may be served warm with ice cream, coffee or tea.
- Also see: How to make pumpkim pie from scratch (outta the shell) for more homemade pumpking recipes
- Remove stem to reduce danger of burning