This is the perfect side dish or desert for your holiday festivities. This sweet and tasty treat has tender and plump sweet potatoes top with a crunchy and buttery sweet pecan streusal. Much better than your typical mashed potatoes with gravy.
Things You’ll Need:
- 12 large sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 stick butter softened
- 3 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
Let’s Get Started:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the sweet potatoes, scrubbing them well to remove any dirt. With a fork, prick the sweet potatoes in a couple of spots and place them on a sheet pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center goes in easily.
- Once the sweet potatoes are finished cooking slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise down the center and push the ends towards the middle so it opens up. Begin to scrap ALMOST all of the insides of the sweet potatoes (leaving some still in the potato) into a large bowl.
- Mash sweet potatoes with half a stick of softened butter and pumpkin pie spice. After finished mashing; fill the sweet potatoes back with the mashed mixture.
- Stuff the sweet potatoes generously with the streusel topping and return to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and brown. Serve as a delicious side dish or a tasty dessert.
- ADD ME AS YOUR FRIEND ON EHOW
- RATE AND COMMENT PLEASE 🙂