Deciding which way to go when you start an Internet business is not always easy. Truth is that there are many good opportunities to find out there, on the net, but there are many scams, too.
However, if you open your eyes and search the facts behind the words, you will find accurate information to benefit your business and this will channel your efforts on the right track.
1. Suppose you choose Affiliate Marketing to build your Internet based business.
In this case, you can either try to sell your products, if you have any already available, or you can start selling somebody’s else products – become an affiliate marketer.
- If you want to sell your own product, take a look at Clickbank’s website and check out the affiliate programs they offer. You create a killer of a pitch page, full of information focused on benefits for the potential customers and good testimonials, too. You will spend some money to do that, but the benefits in the long run will be noticeable.
- If you decide to promote other merchants’ products, go to Clickbank’s website again. Here you can select as many products as you want, but don’t forget to check the gravity factor as well. This tells you if there are other affiliates selling the same product, and this can give you an idea of how well that product sells. So the gravity should be in my opinion at least 10.
- If you have a website with lots of traffic, but you don’t want to sell obvious products, you might contemplate the CPA or cost per action networks. In this case you earn money from the leads you generate. Make sure you have plenty daily visitors at your website before you apply to this kind of networks to be accepted by them.
2. Create a website with a good search engine optimization.
In this case, you need to create a website/blog really focused on a narrow topic, so you can use only a few keywords, say 2, or 3 the most.
If the topic is too broad, you will use too many keywords and this will lower your rankings.
The keywords should appear in the title tag as well as in meta tags. Having the keyword in your domain name is another good point to keep in mind.
Another way of improving your rankings is writing articles based on your keywords and submitting them to sites like Ezine Articles, making sure you back link them to your site.