Going to the beach can make for a pretty boring day. You lay on a beach blanket until the sun bakes the first two layers of skin off of you and then you go for a dip in the water. Pretty mundane stuff. Here’s a list of ways to make your next trip to the beach a little more fun.
- Make sand sculptures of questionable body parts.
- Wait for someone to go into the water and then throw your beach blanket over theirs. Then watch the fun as they return looking for their spot.
- At the concession stand, order a broccoli Popsicle.
- Strike up a conversation with the lifeguard and inquire what would happen if you started yelling, “Shark!”
- Yell, “Shark!” and see if it’s true.
- Go up to people, frantically, and tell them that you buried your wife/husband in the sand and you can’t find them.
- Dress in a woolen overcoat and count the minutes before the ambulance arrives.
- Bring a backhoe down and dig for clams.
- Find a group of people playing volleyball and when they hit it to you, run away with it.
- When people aren’t looking, replace their suntan lotion with a squeeze bottle of French’s mustard.
You see? A day at the beach doesn’t have to be a day at the beach. It can be a memorable day at the beach. So, have fun and enjoy your summer.
Important disclaimer: If you attempt any of the above suggestions, be prepared to be beaten to a bloody pulp.