According to ayurveda pitta (heat in the body) is the main cause of all skin diseases like pimples and spots, acne, boils, blemishes etc removing the root cause is the main line of treatment in ayurveda
All foods that increase pitta in the body should be avoided like tea, coffee, alcohol, hot spices, fried foods, acidic and sour foods. White sugar, white flour products and preserved or tinned foods should also be avoided. Consumption of meat, especially red meat, should be minimized.
Following these diet tips and home remedies for skin care can relieve even the most irritating skin problems or face skin problems.
Here are some general skin home remedies
- Prepare a powder by mixing equal quantities of turmeric, Amla, and Neem leaves. One teaspoonful of this powder can be taken twice a day with water. In case Amla and Neem are not available, only turmeric powder can be used in the dosage of half a teaspoonful twice a day with water.
- If Neem leaves are available, boil them in water everyday and wash the affected area. Soaps and shampoos should not be used on the affected area.
- Take one teaspoon of coriander juice, mint juice and pinch of turmeric apply on the effected area every night after cleaning the face.
- Aloe vera is also beneficial for skin diseases as it purifies the blood. Fresh aloe vera gel can be taken in the dose of two or three tablespoonfuls on an empty stomach everyday.
- Apply grated cucumber over the face, neck and eyes for the treatment of pimples and blackheads
- Practice clean skin habits. Clean your face twice with mild cleanser.
- keep your hands off the effected area.
- Apply apple cider vinegar, after washing your face, using a cotton pad. It will help dry up the acne much more quickly than washing with soap alone
- Lemon juice is also very acidic, and can be helpful in protecting the skin from harmful free radicals. Lemon juice can be taken internally or applied topically, and can both restore acid to the skin and gently exfoliate.
- Try tea tree oil on acne. Tea tree oil, an essential oil with antibacterial properties, is a popular home remedy for acne treatment. Add 1 to 2 drops to a cotton ball that has been soaked with water. Dab the mixture onto the affected spots.
These are some of the most tried and tested home remedies for skin care.