One of the most commom problem we face in our day to day life is that of food indigestion which leads to constipation ,stomach ache , acidity , gas etc and according to ayurveda, a toxic material called ama is produced as a result of indigestion. Ama is the root cause of all our ailments, so one should always try to keep their digestion proper.
Some of the indigestion home remedies are as follows
- Fasting is a very nice method to digest this ama. If the patient is fat and strong he can fast completely for two days. Taking fruits, fruit juices and boiled vegetables for one week is also a very beneficial.
- A light and easily digestible diet is advised for a patient suffering from indigestion. The patient should take plenty of boiled vegetables, fruits, fruit juices and lemon juice.
- Spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, fresh ginger, black pepper, asafetida should be added in our cooking.
- Chewing a piece of raw ginger (about one gram) with rock salt or common salt is good. This should be taken about five minutes before each meal.
- Water should not be taken just after the meal. There should be a gap of at least 30 minutes.
- Eating dinner at least 3 hours before going to bed is good for improving digestion.
- Eat food in a relaxed position preferably involving all your five senses. Chew your food nicely.
- Stop eating when your stomach is half full. Leave some space for water and some space for churning process.
- Grind three spices aniseed, cumin seeds and coriander seeds in equal quantities. take this powder thrice with water, or taking lemon juice in warm water three times a day, improves digestion.
- Figs are good for improving digestion.
Ayurvedic home remedies or we can say medicinal natural products are very effective for curing all our ailments.