Ayurvedic Practitioners believe that clear beautiful skin on the outside happens only when your insides are clean and toxin-free.Â Skin is like a mirror: it reflects whatâ€™s going on inside. Blemishes, eruptions, patches and sallow skin are often related to inappropriate diet or lifestyle choices that lead to accumulation of dietary toxins, called â€œamaâ€ in Ayurveda.
If the skin is not cared properly and neglected it suffers from premature aging, becomes dull and blemished.
10 Ayurvedic Â tips for healthy skin
- Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water to keep the skin hydrated. Drink warm water at least two glasses as soon as you get up.
- Few changes in the diet can contribute to having a glowing Â skin. Healthy skin foods include green leafy vegetables like spinach Â , brochali , fenugreek Â seeds which have lot of water. Which keeps skin soft , andÂ more elastic .
- Carrots and other citus fruits like oranges have essential vitamins for healthy skin, fiber to keep the skin moisturized and detoxified.
- Amla is good for skin and hair.
- Always keep the body alkaline, heat in the body can lead to many skin problems.
- .Neem is the ultimate herb for skin problems like acne, pimples etc. Few leaves of neem herb can be taken internally for purifying our bloodÂ and neem water is excellent for bathing.
- Aloe Vera juice can beÂ taken internally daily. It purifies blood by removing toxins from the blood. Aloe Vera juice applied locally can give miraculous results. It has antioxidants, kills free radical from the skin, helps in cell renewal process.
- Â Aerated drinks, fermented food, left over food, alcohol , tea coffee should be avoided .
- Organic natural products should be used for skin care like home made facial masks, natural cleansers etc
- Organic Sesame seed oil should be used to Â massage twice a week This keeps the skin hydrated, supple and soft.