Drinking a hot cup of tea is more than just one of those thirst-quenching activities. Tea leaves function in many ways. Your fortune can even be told using tea leaves. That may be true! At least, when it comes to health, tea definitely assures you of a bright future. Here are ten reasons why tea fits health to a T.
1. Tea fights free radicals. Tea’s high level of antioxidants called polyphenols, flavonoids, and catechins wage war on so-called “free radicals” in the body and prevent them from harming your healthy cells.
2. It keeps your heart healthy. Lower the risk of heart disease by drinking tea. It improves the function of endothelia, the inner lining of all blood cells such as the arteries and veins.
3. Tea also ups your immunity. Whenever you feel a cold coming on, do yourself a favor and reach out for that cup of tea. An amino acid in tea called theanine activates cells involved in the body’s first line of defense, reducing the risk of infection.
4. At the same time, it is an anti-inflammatory. Here’s good news for injury and arthritis patients. Catechins in tea may be prophylactic for arthritis and bone injuries by reducing swelling and slowing cartilage breakdown.
5. Plus, tea helps fight the Big C. One of the best cancer fighters can you can put in your body is tea. Its antioxidant properties keep cells healthy and inhibit an enzyme which cancer cells need in order to grow.
6. Tea makes bone healthy. Bag healthy bones! A substance in tea called flavonoids help build strong bones and increase bone mineral densities.
7. It makes teeth strong. Perfect smiles are not merely the work of toothpaste. Tea contains fluoride which benefits your teeth by killing bacteria and controlling bad breath and plaque formation.
8. Tea has that kick. Tea has been shown to increase alertness and improve concentration. When the heart and respiratory system are stimulated by caffeine, it brings more oxygen to the brain.
9. Drink tea and it will keep you slim! If you are dying to shed off unwanted pounds, tea might just do the trick. It helps burn fat and calories and increases your body’s metabolism. Can keeping trim be any easier?
10. Tea keeps you hydrated. We all know the drill: we should consume about eight to eleven cups of liquid a day. Squeeze in one to three cups of tea daily to help satisfy your body’s daily water requirement!
What are you waiting for? Go and get a cup of tea and start living a healthy life!