I originally created this recipe when I was on the South Beach diet. Eventually, I stopped dieting and realized I still liked this recipe for everyday meals. I make it for quick dinner or lunch. It is quick, healthy and delicious. Enjoy.
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
1-pound ground turkey
1 (12-ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix
¾ cup (6 ounces) enchilada sauce canned or bottled
1-tablespoon chili powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 bottle of Salsa Verde
1 package of shredded Mexican cheese
1 package of your favorite tortillas or low carb wrap
1. Heat olive oil in large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add the green peppers and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Add onions and sauté until onions are clear. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Add turkey meat, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir mixture until most of turkey meat is browned.
3. Add broccoli slaw mix and enchilada sauce. Cook mixture until the turkey meat is fully cooked and broccoli slaw is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes after cooking.
4. Heat tortillas or wraps in toaster oven or on top of the stove on a griddle pan.
5. Place tortilla flat on a plate. Place broccoli slaw mixture on top of tortilla. Top with salsa verde and cheese.
Substitute the Feta cheese for the Mexican shredded cheese for extra tang.
Substitute 1 large can of black or red beans for the ground turkey for a vegetarian delight.