Everyday, there are hundreds of people who decide to diet. Whether they are the famous Rachel Ray diet, South Beach diet, or a bodybuilding diet, people are on a diet. You probably know ten or twelve people that are trying to lose weight by dieting. But the truth of this matter is that no matter how many people want to lose weight by dieting, most people are very unsuccessful. They mess up somewhere or other and screw up their body miserably. And when I mean miserably, I mean they either gain too much weight, or get some kind of disorder.
Most likely, this is caused by either them dieting wrong or chosing the wrong diet. Usually it’s caused by dieting the wrong way. So what would define dieting the wrong way? A lot of stuff. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with dieting. The keyword here is “a lot”. And the wierdest thing about it is that most people don’t know that they are doing something wrong with their diet.
There are a lot of things people do wrong on a diet, but here is the list of the top ten screw ups a person can do.
1. Eat too much- This is the one thing that you should avoid at all costs. The point of dieting is to cut down on all the food you have in your body, not stuff it with more. Yet, without knowing it, people do it all the time. So what happens to them? They gain weight and mess up miserably on their diet.
This actually happens a lot. Not just sometimes, but a lot. In fact it can probably be the number one reason people fail at losing weight. They try to lose weight, but they gain weight instead. I have seen this at my dinner table a lot. Someone in my family tries to lose weight, but they end up eating too much like me when I was seven.
2. Eat too little- This is something very bad. You should never eat too little. You will be totally depleted of all the energy in your body. You will not be able to be fit. Instead, you will most likely become annorexic. Now you don’t want that, do you?
Though this is not the case usually, this does happen. The rate of annorexia is rising at a rapid rate. People try to make their figure look good, but instead, they miserably fail, and starve their body, causing annorexia.
3. Chose the wrong diet- Chosing the wrong diet is something that you want to do if you want to lose weight fast. Chosing the right diet is something that you want to do if you want to lose weight at a constant rate, and keep it off. So what’s the right diet, and what’s the wrong diet? It really depends on how much your body needs, but to be brief, I can tell you that a wrong diet is a South Beach, Rachel Ray, or any of those other fad diets that claim weight loss in record time.
Though all of those diets get all of your extra weight off, you don’t get to keep all the weight loss. But the truth about those “fad” diets is that they are only a fad. They aren’t going to help you lose any weight. And even if they do, it’s temporary. You will gain all the fat you lost, and Rachel Ray will gain the money you spent on her diet.
4. Not working yourself enough- The meaning of dieting is to lose weight, not to starve yourself while you still keep your normal couch potato routine. If you just diet and think that’s all you have to do, you are most likely doing some kind of illegal drug (no offense).
You are supposed to control how much energy you take in and how much you work off in a weight loss diet. If you want to get slimmer, you need to take in less energy than you work off. This doesn’t mean becoming annorexic, and fasting to starvation. It just means to take in less energy than you work off without depleting your body of energy. Your body should have enough energy to function, as well as work off your calories.
5. Eating a “fat free” diet- Most foods that are labeled as “fat free” aren’t always fat free. Usually, they have a tiny bit of fat in them. If you think that doesn’t matter, think again. People all across the United States are on the so called “fat free” diet. Yet most of them are gaining pounds after pounds of useless weight.
This all has to do with a law passed by the FDA. It says that any food with under half a calorie of fat per serving can be labeled as fat free. Read about it by clicking here. I am too busy to go into all the complicated details of this.
These are probably also some of the worst things you can do while dieting as well as some of the most common mistakes you can make while dieting. If you are dieting, don’t do this kind of stuff; you won’t get anywhere.