My grandma called it guacamole and served it with tortillas. I serve it in between 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and call it an avocado egg salad sandwich. I substitute the mayonnaise in a regular egg salad, which is unhealthy for much healthier alternative, the avocado. Avocados are loaded with omega fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin C, folic acid, magnesium and so much more. It is also low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. I have even seen studies that say that avocado can help lower cholesterol. It can also be served as a dip with tortilla chips. Make it low carb by using a low carb tortilla or wrap.
1 ripe avocado
¼ red onion, finely chopped
3 large eggs, hard boiled and finely chopped.
Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
Sliced bread or low carb wrap or even tortillas
- Boil the eggs until very firm. Peel and chop into small chunks.
- Peel and mash the avocado. Cut the avocado in half around the pit. Scoop out the pit with a spoon. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Mash the avocado flesh with a fork.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Combine avocado, eggs, and onions. Mix until the avocado has coated the eggs and onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I prefer freshly cracked pepper.
- Serve on toasted bread or low carb wrap or tortilla. You can add lettuce, tomatoes if you would like. If you have leftovers, just grab some tortilla chips and use it as a healthy dip. Enjoy.