This is a classic salad, but with great Indian flavors which add spice and color. Its a great salad for a barbecue, picknic or just for a quick lunch or dinner. The curry mayo is also good as an accompaniment with meat or fish.It could be used as a sandwich spread or for egg salad with some green onions or chives. it could also be added to pasta with vegetables or mixed with leftovers. Recipe serves 4-5 people as side dish and will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge. As with all spicy sauces its flavor will improve over time.
- clean and cut the potatoes into wedges or dice. cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until cooked through but still firm. Drain and leave to cool.
- To make the curry mayonnaise, heat a saute pan to medium, add a little butter and oil. Add the chopped white onion, add the curry powder and turmeric and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cooled curry with the mayonnaise, yogurt, honey and squeeze of lemon juice to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the curry mayo to the potatoes with the peppers, red onion, green onions and cilantro, toss to combine being careful to not break the potatoes.
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 lb red bliss or any new potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 small white onion
- butter and canola oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste